November 12th, 2022
As we deepen our commitment to practice during the Autumn training period you are encouraged to join the monastery for a day of intensive practice. We will be exploring during this training period our Great Vow to liberate all beings and how this fuels our practice. We will be continuing our study of Torei Enji’s Discourse on the Inexhaustible Lamp of the Zen School working through the chapter on Faith and Practice. Previous talks on this text can be found here.
All of the events of this retreat are open for in-person and drop-in attendance if you are fully vaccinated. While one can drop into any of the periods without prior notice, if you wish to attend the whole day, or through any of the meals you must contact us by Thursday November 10th. You are encouraged to join us for the full 36 hours of practice by joining us from Friday through Sunday. If you would like to engage in this weekend of practice or stay for an overnight please contact us to make arrangements. Please note that any overnight stays need to be arranged by Thursday November 10th. If there is limited in-person signups this retreat will be shift to drop-in and online attendance only.
We continue to broadcast these retreats via Zoom for those unable to join us in person. We will begin the online broadcast during regular Friday evening zazen and conclude after Sunday’s Zazenkai allowing for one to be able to extend ones practice beyond the full day.
Essential Information for those joining online
• Please tune in 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time so you can be settled.
• Download the monastery schedule: Daylong Retreat Schedule
• The sutra book we will be using can be downloaded here: Virtual Sutra book
• Information and talks on the Discourse on the Inexhaustible Lamp can be found here.
• Read these posts: Guidelines for Virtual Events and Orientation to Virtual Sesshin.
• To receive the links for Virtual Events by email: Tahoma Events mailing list.
Friday, November 11th
6:30pm to 8:20pm: Zazen
Saturday, November 12th
5am to 7am: Choka; Zazen
10:30am to Noon: Zazen
2pm to 4:00pm: Dharma Talk; Zazen
6:00pm to 8:45pm: Zazen
Sunday, November 13th
5am to 6:30am: Choka; Zazen
Zoom Link: [event has passed]Continue reading “November 2022 Daylong Retreat”