February 18th, 2023, 4:50am to 9pm (PST)
Please join us for a full day of practice as we begin the Winter Training Period this February 18th. During this retreat we will be continuing our study of Torei Enji’s Discourse on the Inexhaustible Lamp of the Zen School wrapping up the chapter on Faith and Practice and continuing on to the next chapter on The Realm of Delusions. Information and previous talks on this text can be found here.
All of the events of this retreat are open for in-person and drop-in attendance if you are fully vaccinated. We continue to broadcast these retreats via Zoom for those unable to join us in person. We will begin the online broadcast during regular Friday evening zazen and conclude after Sunday’s Zazenkai allowing for one to be able to extend ones practice beyond the full day.
Essential Information for those joining online
• Please tune in 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time so you can be settled.
• Download the monastery schedule: Daylong Retreat Schedule
• The sutra book we will be using can be downloaded here: Virtual Sutra book
• Information and talks on the Discourse on the Inexhaustible Lamp can be found here.
• Read these posts: Guidelines for Virtual Events and Orientation to Virtual Sesshin.
• To receive the links for Virtual Events by email: Tahoma Events mailing list.
Saturday, February 18th
5am to 7am: Choka; Zazen
10:30am to Noon: Zazen
2pm to 4:00pm: Dharma Talk; Zazen
6:00pm to 8:45pm: Zazen
Zoom Link: [Event has passed]
Saturday February 18th
|5:00am||Choka (sutras p.3-14); Sampai; Han|
|5:40am||Zazen (short period); Kinhin|
|8:15am||Samu (work practice)|
|10:30am||Zazen; Zazen; Kinhin|
|2:00pm||Dharma Talk; Kinhin|
|4:15pm||Physical/Outside practice [Self-Directed]|
|5:00pm||Dinner [Optional, Informal]; Break|
|6:00pm||Uninterrupted Zazen; Han; Kinhin;|
|7:00pm||Zazen; Zazen; Kinhin|
|8:45pm||Han; Closing Sutra (p.17); Sampai|
Events in Bold will be streamed.
Please email us with any questions: Contact Information
This retreat is offered without charge, however there are costs to putting it on, so please consider making a donation online or in person with this in mind.