Island County is currently in Phase 2 of the Washington State Guidance for reopening. This allows meeting with up to Five (5) individuals outside of your family group, whom have also been effectively physical distancing.
Thus within the following restrictions we are allowing attendance at our evening public zazen. Morning Chant Service and Sunday Zazenkai remains closed.
Monday through Saturday: 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
Please arrive at least five minutes early if you wish to attend.
We are not open to the public at this time for our morning chant service, nor Sunday Zazenkai.
Tahoma Phase 2 Guidance
- DO NOT come if you are in a High Risk Population.
- DO NOT come if you feeling sick.
- If you note that there are already Five (5) people in the zendo, or your party will add up to more than Five (5) total in the zendo, please come another time.
- Stay Six (6) feet apart from other practitioners.
- Do not move cushions, chairs or other items from where they are. You can change or add cushions from the cabinet in the gaitan.
- If you start to feel sick, depart at a stretch break or during kinhin (walking meditation).
- Sanitize your hands before opening the zendo door.
- Thoroughly wash your hands. Take at least the length of time it takes to chant (to yourself!) the Enmei Jukku Kannon Gyo three (3) times.
- Cover your mouth/nose with your elbow or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Do not shake hands or hug. A gassho (bow) is sufficient.
We have been allowing people to visit and walk the trails and grounds. This continues into Phase 2 with no changes to our general policy. If visiting please follow these general rules.
- Please stay out of all buildings, except for the zendo during designated public zazen.
- Do not congregate into groups.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Wear a mask.